Weeks of August 25 – September 5
MIYFS Food Bank Clients – please visit our temporary location at the MI Chamber of Commerce (7605 76th Ave SE, Mercer Island, WA 98040).
During our Temporary Building Closure at Luther Burbank (August 25 – Septmeber 5) we are not able to accept Food Donations. Our doors will open back up on Monday, Septemeber 8 – and we will really need your support again at that time. Thank You!
The Mercer Island Food Bank is found at Luther Burbank Administration Building in Luther Burbank Park.The food pantry is used by hundreds of low-income Mercer Island families throughout the year. The Food Bank depends on the contributions of local churches, families and service clubs to replenish the pantry.
We welcome non-perishable donations at these locations:
- The MIYFS office in Luther Burbank Park
- Banner Bank on 78th Ave SE
- Community Center at Mercer View at 8236 SE 24th
- Orthodontic Associates of Mercer Island at 2817 – 70th Ave SE
- yogabliss at 7803 SE 27th St., #174
- Club Emerald at 3028 78th Ave SE
- Mercer Island Thrift Shop at 7710 SE 34th Street
Non-perishable food donations are tax deductible. Please ask for a receipt when dropping off donations at our office in the Luther Burbank Building. Examples of food most needed are cereal, soups, tuna, peanut butter and jelly, pasta and sauces, school lunch snacks and canned fruit.
Ways to help:
- Drop off non-perishable food to any of our collection locations.
- Become a “Friend of the MIYFS Food Bank” – Sign up to be “on call” when the Food Bank is low on items.
- Hold a Food Drive - Have your party guests, sports team or organization bring food to an event for the MIYFS Food Bank.