With only 17% of revenues coming from the City of Mercer Island’s general fund, MIYFS is heavily dependent upon the generosity of the Island community. It’s simply the way that Islanders take care of their own.
Your donation of:
- $5,000 - Eliminates our counseling wait list for a month
- $2,500 - Provides a month of work-study salaries for Thrift Shop employees
- $1,000 - Offers a pre-school scholarship for a struggling Island family
- $500 - Counseling support group at Islander Middle School focused on bullying or anxiety
- $250 – Gets a teen back on track through our Diversion and Early Intervention Services
- $200 – Provides a scholarship for a low-income student to participate in our summer volunteer program
- $100 – Enables a month of counseling for a family who has lost a spouse or are in economic hardship
- $50 – Allows a wellness check to a senior in their home by our geriatric specialist
- $25 – Gives a weeks worth of food to a low-income family through the food pantry
How to Donate
All donations to Mercer Island Youth and Family Services Foundation directly support the services and programs of MIYFS. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization, so your gifts are tax deductible.
- Online: Click the link to make a secure, online donation
- Mail: Mercer Island Youth and Family Services, 2040 84th Avenue SE, Mercer Island, WA 98040
- Phone: We can take a credit card donation by phone at: (206) 275-7611
No goods or services were sold. Donations are non-refundable.
Bequests & Legacy Gifts – Ensure the Future of MIYFS
You can create a legacy by making the Mercer Island Youth and Family Services Foundation a part of your estate plan with a bequest in your will. Talk with your estate planning advisor about how to include the MIYFS Foundation in your legacy. Amendments to existing wills are relatively easy and inexpensive. But more than half of all adult Americans do not have wills. So its advisable to create one.
2012 MIYFS Financial Snapshot
MIYFS has an annual budget of just under $2M, with close to 60% of those funds coming from the Mercer Island Thrift Shop. Approximately, $350,000 of yearly funds come from individual giving to to the MIYFS Foundation and through other direct donations.